Learning & Play
Camp for incoming K-6 grades
Leadership Academy and Cupertino Union School District have partnered up to provide fun & engaging Summer Camps. Powered by Steamjungle.com
Hands-on, project-based STEAM education that aligns with California NGS Standards & prepares students for the job market of the future.
A portion of the proceeds directly benefit Cupertino public schools.
What you need to know
Dates June 10th – August 15th
Location Leadership Academy Cupertino, West San Jose
Dates June 10th – July 26th
Location Garden Gate Elementary School
Christa McAuliffe Elementary School
No camp week of July 1st
Monday to Friday, 9 am- 3 pm.
Before and Aftercare available from 8 am- 9 am; 3-6 pm.
Additional fees apply – $5/hr. Students bring their own lunch & snack.
9 am- 3 pm $285/week
Material Fees $75/week
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Register & pay by 31 March 2019, to avail early bird of zero material fees and zero registration fees.
Check out leadershipacademy facebook page for last years’ summer camp.
Curriculum & Program
07:30 – 09:00
09:00 – 09:30
Warm-up, Welcome activities (Outdoors)
09:30 – 10:30
Fundamental science lesson, Teacher-led discussion, Demo
10:30 – 11:00
Outdoor snack play break
11:00 – 12:00
Begin S.T.E.A.M Project (1 project kit per student)
12:00 – 13:00
Lunch, relax, play
13:00 – 14:30
Project cont, group/individual presentations, Q&A
14:00 – 15:00
Pack up & Clean up.
15:00 – 18:00
Extended care; Outdoor play/activities;
Work on common core math, art & STEAM Journal
Check out www.steamjungle.com for project details
- Our team has years of combined experience in Education, Engineering, Tech. and we all love teaching!
- We specialize in hands-on, project-based learning.
- Our unique teaching methodology inspires students to learn.
- Students work individually and in teams.
- Students proudly take home the ‘toy’ they’ve created
- Curriculum designed per NGS Standards and for future job market
- We practice Math, reading, writing skills, and Public Speaking every day.